Monday, September 3, 2007

Yummy

Yet another entry on the long list of reasons why my parents rock:  in addition to trekking up to NYC to be my personal slaves for half of the holiday weekend, they also brought me a big bag of freshly picked Pennsylvania sweet corn.


Now, to all of you out there who think you know what corn on the cob is, I must clarify:  you do not know the true meaning of sweet corn until you have had Silver Queen corn grown in the fields of Pennsylvania, and sold on a table at the side of the road for $3/dozen.  There is nothing like it in the world.

And to the kitchen staff at my favourite lunch buffet:  "Sweet corn" does NOT mean that you take canned corn, add a pound of granulated sugar, and then serve it up on the buffet.  So please, just stop.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have corn on the cob once this summer! Boo.

Thanks for stopping by the blog. I haven't finished the book yet so your advice is going in!

Unknown said...

...as a girl who grew up in northwestern pa (small town america. no, really.) it warms the cockles of my heart to see posts dedicated to the great PA.

i mean really, what other state goes by it's abbreviation?

i love boston where i'm at now, but my heart? def. in PA :)

xo b

p.s. sweet corn via a roadside stand? YUM.