Friday, June 27, 2008

5 Days and Counting

I am afraid to open my Google Reader. Mainly because I haven't done so in about a week and I fear the number at the top of the page will give me a heart attack. Please don't think that I've stopped loving you all, but as the title of this post would suggest, I've got quite a bit going on these days!

For the moment, however, I am not feeling particularly stressed. Perhaps that's just the numbing effect of the obscene amount of alcohol I consumed last night with school folks, but I'll take what I can get.

I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost to ship my laptop back to the States if I were to take it to Ireland. I was going over the syllabus the other day and there's quite a bit of written work required for this course, plus a journal which our tutors can ask to see (which means that I actually have to DO one, damnit!), and since my handwriting is particularly wretched, having a computer would be a plus.

However, I do NOT want to take it to Brazil or lug it around Peru, so it would have to make its way back to the States... which means either EXPENSIVE shipping costs (so far the cheapest I've found is around $80 through the Irish postal service), or finding someone who is not traveling afterwards to take it back to New York and hang onto it for me. Either way it's a pain in the arse. But I'll figure it out.

I have a feeling the next few days are going to pass in a blur. I've got some more school work to deal with--particularly a writing assignment for the Ireland course--and plenty of small details to take care of around the city. Sunday is New York's PRIDE parade, which I will be attending with Slater and Ophelia (his uber-hot lesbian best friend) and a slew of other folks that I've never met. Should make for an interesting day! And Monday is Froggy's Rental Car Adventure, though I'm not quite sure yet what the fun part of the adventure is going to be. Perhaps the beach, or a cute little town in PA that's only about 90 minutes away. We'll see.

I'm babbling, I realize, and I do hope I'm not boring y'all to tears.

Bear with me, I'll have plenty of interesting things to talk about soon enough :)

1 comment:

cdp said...

k, I've solved your problem! take me with you, and I will be your designated computer holder in Brazil and Peru. It's brilliant, no?