Friday, June 13, 2008

Miscellaneous

Today while at the gym I saw the words "Unenthusiastic Penis" splayed across CNN. Somewhere, Edward R. Murrow is rolling over in his grave.

Why would a cleaning lady give me a weird look when I threw a paper towel... in a trashcan? And not even the trash can she had just emptied... the big rolly bin she emptied in into? I don't get it.

Yesterday I had a minor heart attack when I stepped on the scale at the gym. My mother and I are now officially on a mission to lose 10 lbs by the end of the month. Deutlich is also in. Any other takers?

Old gay men get cranky when they are around other old gay men. I told Slater that if he ever starts behaving like that, I'll have to stop hanging out with him.

Speaking of Slater... we bought our train tickets for Macchu Pichu! It's official! On August 23, 2008, I will be 8,000 feet above sea level, standing amongst Inca Ruins. There are no words...

But there will be pictures.

The retail therapy has got. to. STOP. Yesterday I had a stress fit that resulted in a Marc Jacobs watch. I've got a bit of buyer's remorse today, but I'm sure I will change my mind when it gets here.

The short film is stressing me out. If we are wrapped by the date named, it will be a god damned miracle.

Cranberry & Goat Cheese Crusted Chicken = Divinity on a Plate. Also, raspberry vinaigrette made from ACTUAL RASPBERRIES?? I totally heart The City Grill.

It is so wrong that I want The Russian to be the one to call me? I'll be honest, I'm not going to have a meltdown if he doesn't--I'm so busy right now that I can't even imagine when I would find time to see him. But that doesn't mean that I don't want him to want to see me. Gah, I am such a girl.

OMG MACCHU PICHU. Sorry, just had to say that again.

DS's birthday tomorrow!! And another friend's birthday as well! Party-hopping makes me feel totally popular, in a 90210 kinda way.

I have to keep reminding myself that calories are not the enemy. Over-processed, empty calories are the enemy. So technically a smoothie made with organic fresh and frozen fruit, organic no-sugar-added peanut butter, and organic yogurt should be okay... right? Just maybe not at 11:00 at night.

I cannot wait for that plane to leave the ground on July 3. Once the adventure starts, I can batten down the hatches and full steam ahead. Until then? Basket case, party of one, your table is ready.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes to the 10 lbs.
sooo jealous re: macchu pichu...it's on my list
thanks for reminding me about ds
i also don't the tossing garbarge, dirty look thing.

Jess said...

10 pounds by the end of the month has been my goal since June 1! I'm on my way!

Also, I saw that thing on CNN too. And couldn't believe it. What were they thinking??

Princess Pointful said...

I'm down with the losing poundage, too. And, yes, I need to remind myself that healthy calories are good. So 300+ calories of quinoa are good because they are filled with fibre and iron and protein... even though the ice cream in my freezer has less calories per serving. Sigh.

Ashley said...

I think you know i'm in for the lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks...its only 10 we're going for? crap.

YOU'RE GOING TO MACCHU PICCU?!?!?!?!?!?!!! OMG! I can't believe you a) didn't tell me this and b) ARENT TAKING MEEE! not that i can afford to go right now, what with my germany trip looming and all, BUT STILL I WANNA GGOOOO

It was so good to see you friday! we must hang out soon. And not 3 months from now. I'm serious.