Thursday, July 17, 2008

In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty...

Greetings from the Post Graduate Reading Room of Trinity College, where I was moderately consumed by guilt while logging onto Facebook--the atmosphere indicating a level of studiousness not accomplished by status messages and wall posts.

This was an impromptu visit on the way home from dinner or I would have brought my jump drive, on which I have saved a few posts written on my laptop--no internet access in the rooms unfortunately.

I've been in Dublin since Sunday, and thus far I have not been disappointed.  The program is proving to be quite interesting, though the days have been long and we've had an incredible amount of information thrown at us in each session.  However, in the grand scheme of things a little mental fatigue is entirely worth it, as I have a feeling that this experience will be--and indeed, has already been--incredibly rewarding.

I wish I had more to say, but I'm a bit frayed and frazzled at the moment.  Also, I need to go back to my room and catch up on my journaling for the past three days--and if I write about them here, I won't want to do it when I get back!

(Oh my good grief... the girl who I came with just whispered the most riduculous story to me and I nearly burst out laughing... and this is not the environment for raucous laughter.  The serious academics sitting below would probably have lynched us...)

Where was I?  Oh who am I kidding... I have no idea.  I need to go journal so that the events of the past few days aren't lost in the blur that I'm certain this trip will become.  Our first week is drawing to a close, yet it feels as though we've just arrived.

Photos (and potentially coherent posts) to come soon!  Well, as soon as scheduling allows...

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Princess Pointful said...

It is an odd thing when you get to go to amazing places for scholarly things. Without the scholarly things, you would never even be able to go in the first place, but you can't help but resent them a little for taking away your exploring time.

Lpeg said...

Oh, I LOVE Dublin!!!! I'm so jealous of you at the moment!! Enjoy every minute of that fabulous city! I hope to be there soon!