Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American readers out there... and really, to everybody, because thankfulness should not be limited by nationality.

In addition to fabulous friends and family, here are a few things I am thankful for at this moment:

  • My train back to PA was not Standing Room Only this year.
  • Pouring over mail order catalogues with my mother, marking stuff we want for Christmas... before the turkey is even out of the oven.
  • Watching "Futurama" with my dad over beers at 1:30am, and making him laugh when I referred to the "Girls Gone Wild" commercial shown twice every commercial break as "Underage Boobfest."
  • Stripey pajama pants from Peru.
  • Whatever university's marching band is currently playing "Rodeo" in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
  • The smell of turkey.
  • My mom actually remembering to buy my cranberry sauce this year (I'm the only one who eats it).
  • Game Night with some of my Girls, where my BFF and I came back from way behind to kick ass at "Cranium: Pop."
  • A shower with water pressure.
  • Furry llama slippers.
  • Fresh cinnamon rolls.
  • Only a little over 7k words to go on my NaNo.
  • Only 2 1/2 weeks left to go in my Masters Degree... actually, let's file that under "Thankful-But-Terrified," shall we?
And of course there's much, much more... but I need to shower and churn out a thousand words or so before family time begins :)

Hope everyone has a fabulous day, holiday or not!

2 comments:

B said...

I love game night!!!

Will be doing the same today, tomorrow & saturday. Hah!

Anonymous said...

I smoked weed through a sweet potato