Happy Thanksgiving to all the American readers out there... and really, to everybody, because thankfulness should not be limited by nationality.
In addition to fabulous friends and family, here are a few things I am thankful for at this moment:
- My train back to PA was not Standing Room Only this year.
- Pouring over mail order catalogues with my mother, marking stuff we want for Christmas... before the turkey is even out of the oven.
- Watching "Futurama" with my dad over beers at 1:30am, and making him laugh when I referred to the "Girls Gone Wild" commercial shown twice every commercial break as "Underage Boobfest."
- Stripey pajama pants from Peru.
- Whatever university's marching band is currently playing "Rodeo" in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- The smell of turkey.
- My mom actually remembering to buy my cranberry sauce this year (I'm the only one who eats it).
- Game Night with some of my Girls, where my BFF and I came back from way behind to kick ass at "Cranium: Pop."
- A shower with water pressure.
- Furry llama slippers.
- Fresh cinnamon rolls.
- Only a little over 7k words to go on my NaNo.
- Only 2 1/2 weeks left to go in my Masters Degree... actually, let's file that under "Thankful-But-Terrified," shall we?
Hope everyone has a fabulous day, holiday or not!