Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Susan Miller Lied to Me...

2008 was supposed to be the best year of my life. Or at least, that's what Susan Miller said.

Now, I'm not saying that it wasn't nice. I...

Finished my Masters.

Traveled to three different continents.

Saw Macchu Pichu.

Starred in a short film.

However, only one of these--travel--was part of my prediction.

I did not find true (or any sort of) love, or form a business partnership. I bought neither a house, nor any other form of real estate. The only significant purchase of any kind was my tuition, which was hefty indeed.

So, while 2008 was certainly not terrible, and, in fact, could even be described as good, it was certainly not the banner year I was promised, and definitely not the best year of my life.

I'm not so big on New Year's Resolutions, but this year I think I'll make just one: I don't think I'll read my horoscope this year. It's much easier not to miss the things you didn't know you were supposed to have.

-----

P.S. - On second reading, the above came out far more melancholy than intended. Sorry 'bout that!

Happy New Year, Campers! Come midnight, I'll be raising a glass to you all!

2 comments:

So@24 said...

That's the best New Year's resolution I've heard so far!

Happy new year!

Z said...

Happy New Year!!!