Friday, February 20, 2009

And the Weekend Goes To...

MOVIES!

In honor of the Oscars, this weekend is going to be all about movies... because let's face it, what else have I got to do?

This evening I met up with a friend and saw "He's Just Not That Into You," which was cute and entertaining, if a bit predictable. I laughed out loud, I got a little weepy (even as I groaned internally at the cheese of it all) at one scene toward the end--those who've seen the movie feel free to guess which one--and spent most of it trying to control the unmitigable rage that Scarlett Johannsen's character caused to well up inside me as she portrayed every woman's nightmare: the big breasted, badly bleached blonde, big red lipped yoga instructor who actively pursues a married man.

I already found her annoying. This film did not help.

But it did make Justin Long seem less annoying, and actually kinda cute in a way, so I guess it all balances out.

Tomorrow, however, is the coup de gras. You see, select AMC theatres are offering a special deal for tomorrow only: All five Best Picture Oscar Nominees, in one day, for $30... including unlimited popcorn!!

I am so there, from 10:30am to somewhere around midnight.

Let's hope I maintain consciousness for all three hours of Benjamin Button... or that, at the very least, I manage to stay awake for the scenes where Brad is actually hot.

And then Sunday, of course, are the Oscars themselves... I'll pause for a moment while you imagine Hugh Jackman in a tux... and possibly viewing a potential new apartment--more on that later.

So those are my stellar plans. I, for one, am quite excited about them.

What's everyone else up to?

Happy Weekend, Campers!

No comments: