Friday, March 13, 2009

New Email Address

In preparation for my impending move, I've moved my blog email address to Gmail, since Optimum doesn't serve my new neighborhood.

New address is: dasfroggy at gmail dot com

What's up with Gmail not allowing dashes in email addresses? And who the hell is already using dasfrog and das.frog?? Bastards.

Anyhoo, if you've got me in an address book, you can go ahead and update the address. And if you don't, well, you should. I like email. Email is nice.

(Also, I totally just got excited over the fact that you can sync Gmail accounts with Outlook! WOO! I don't think I'll do it with my "real" account, since I haven't deleted an email since I opened the thing and the sheer volume of messages would probably make my harddrive explode... but I like having my blog comments all nice and neat where I can see them, without having to go type in a password somewhere. It makes me happy. And not much does these days, so I'm taking what I can get!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The '- in gmail addresses' thing is probably down to + and - being used for subaddressing (name+foo@gmail.com goes to name@gmail.com, where 'foo' is a completely random string (useful for filtering and detecting who's sold your email address)).

Google don't use the - for this (only +) but some mail servers do and it's probably for compatibility reasons.

Either that or to future-proof their own system in case they ever do start to use - for this reason.