Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snippet

Okay boys, I gotta ask...

Would you make this the entire body of your online dating profile?

"I would love to be with a girl who is comfortable in jeans, cute and down-to-earth, likes hanging out with me and my friends, and would enjoy going to events that I end up going to. Just please don't be full of yourself or a snob about others and we will get along great!"

Nothing about yourself, just a directive to any woman who might have self-esteem low enough to find this appealing?

Chemistry needs to add a "He seems like a douche-bag," or a "He's totally full of himself" option when they ask why you're not interested in one of the matches they provide. "Not a good fit" just doesn't seem to cover it.

His-Royal-Douchiness aside, I'm playing the Keep an Open Mind game and I've got, like, 6 guys saved to my Active Matches (a few that I might have added while half asleep at 1am and may need to re-evaluate soon). I'm not particularly excited about any of them, but I want to see how this process plays out.

Also, I have a lot of free time.

We are now progressing through sending "Relationship Essentials" (Position the slider to show how important the following qualities are to you!) and "Short Answer Questions" (What made you smile today? Desert Island top five! What are you most grateful for?!)

Eventually, I think we actually get to email each other.

I am immensely skeptical and have a sneaking suspicion that if/when I actually get around to meeting any of these guys, I will probably enjoy myself and have good conversations, but don't anticipate immediately wanting to jump any of their bones.

Time, as they say, will tell.

2 comments:

So@24 said...

Augh! Online dating! How I loathe, thee...

Man, I wonder what you'd say about MY old online dating profile...

Brunhilda said...

His preferences don't seem bad, but his decision to only talk about them and not himself is weird.

I wouldn't want to meet people online because I'm too superficial, I feel, but who knows!