Wednesday, March 31, 2010

In Brief (because I'm tired)

1. It would appear that The Guy likes me too. Yes, I am certain.

2. Tomorrow is the retrieval day for my egg donation. Trying not to be nervous as I'll be unconscious the whole time anyway. I hope the check clears quickly so I can go to IKEA on Friday and buy a new bed. I realize that's mercenary, but I have a feeling that it's going to be a little while before my ovaries go back to normal and my abdomen stops feeling like it's filled with highly sensitive Dazzle Dirt (tm), so I'm focusing on the immediate benefits.

3. I was rejected by my final grad school today, likely because my second letter of recommendation never freaking arrived. This entire application process was so fraught with stress and roadblocks, perhaps the universe was telling me that this just isn't the right time for me to be going back to school. At least, that's the line I'm taking...

4. Did I mention about The Guy? I did? Good. Just checking. :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yay about the guy! So excited to see how this one plays out.

Good luck with the egg retrieval tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.

Eleni Zoe said...

I want to hear more about The Guy. :)

Also good luck with the egg retrieval!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

So...do you have a sister or something? And if so, can you forget everything you know about me, and just tell her I'm a good guy? Thanks.

Oh, and I couldn't help but picture the surgeon go, "Leggo of my Eggos!!"

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

ps. Not only age appropriate at the moment, but bordering on Cougar Territory. Color me shocked....I rather enjoy having a conversation now.