Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Bathroom, part 2

Well, I made it through the night without a toilet. Now I'm just hoping that I can make it to work before certain parts of my internal waste disposal system kick into gear (if you know what I mean).

This morning I washed my hair and upper body in the kichen sink. I felt like Kelly McGillis in "Witness," only without Harrison Ford standing by to gaze lustily through a half-open door.

Despite my whinging, however, I am trying to remind myself that while annoying, it's really all for the best.

Take, for example, the conversation the plumber had with my landlady last night, in which he said that this (see below) "had a crack in it" and would have to be replaced.




Now, given the lovely brown colour and the fact that I was still somewhat in shock over the state of my bathroom, I thought that it was just another support beam. I wasn't entirely sure why the plumber was concerned with the structural integrity of the house, but really, I had more important things to worry about. You know, like where I would be peeing for the next 24 hours.

Then this morning, as I tread cautiously on the plywood covering the abyss in search of q-tips, I took a closer look.

Turns out it's not a beam, it's a pipe. And this is the "crack"...



Yikes!!

Given that particular state of affairs, it seems lucky that the only symptom I suffered was a backed up drain.

Still, I do miss my toilet. And my shower. And my floor. Keep your fingers crossed that the plumer is actually able to finish today as promised.


In the mean time, anyone feel like spying on my neighbors?

No comments: