Friday, April 25, 2008

Struckey has loxed again.

Pardon me, I am a bit fried this evening. You see, I have sold my soul.

Yes, it's true. Until sometime in the afternoon on Monday, my soul belongs to... Shakespeare.

Today was the first day of a three day conference on Shakespeare in education, featuring some fabulous (and some not-so fabulous) workshops, a performance by yours truly with my outreach company, and a keynote address by a renowned Shakespearean actor perhaps best known for roles in Nicholas Nicholby, "Cheers," and Robin Hood: Men In Tights (from whence comes the title of this post).

And I must say... he may be in his 60s, but I've got a bit of a crush.

Also the address was fabulous and inspiring and available via podcast next week!! If you remind me (should you be so inclined) I will share some highlights when my brain has regained its usual level of functionality.

After the performance and talk-back, my ensemble-mates and I went out for food and fellowship... which of course involved a few martinis on my part, only adding to my somewhat frazzled state.

Really, I'm just exhausted. And I have two more days to go!

And so I shall leave you with a little bit of writing I composed at the end of a workshop on doing Shakespeare in prisons. The first line comes from The Scottish Play (I can't say it, and you can't make me!!), and the rest is all Froggy.

Enjoy!

The instruments of darkness tell us truths
that else would never fall beneath our gaze.
A watching, wary seeker who should chance
this mystery, shall now see through the haze.
To sleeping country ne'er beheld by man.
The waking tide, a single grain of sand.


(Oh yeah, that's iambic pentameter, bitches!)

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! I adore Shakespeare.