Friday, June 6, 2008

Tidbits

  • The call for Postcards has only garnered three responses! Come on... humor my ego and act like you'll miss me! Email me at das-frog at optonline.net if you would like to receive a postcard from my travels!

  • I am an idiot. When I was published on IB a few days ago, I submitted the wrong email/web address (used an underscore instead of a dash), so even if somebody liked my post... they would be unable to tell me. D'oh! I'd like to say comments don't matter, but really... sometimes... they do. Yeah.

  • Test-drove the Ambien last night. It seemed like it did, in fact, help me fall asleep, and I stayed asleep (unlike things like NyQuil where I wake up exactly every 2 hours) until a very noisy garbage truck woke me up at 4:30am. However, when my alarm went off at 9:30 I really didn't want to get out of bed. Whether that was the result of the Ambien or the 4:30am interruption, I'm not sure.

  • Starting to stress a little less about travel. I went over to Slater's the other night and we talked about Peru. We are basically going to take it one day at a time and aside from booking the hostel for our first night in Lima (since we land at 10pm), we're just going to figure it out when we get there. I've been doing some more research and I'm starting to think we should book our Machu Picchu train NOW, because they fill up quickly, which would mean committing to arrive in Cusco by a certain date. But other than that, we'll play it by ear.

  • So You Think You Can Dance is back! HOORAH!

  • My refrigerator is going through some sort of identity crisis--it thinks it is a freezer. A few weeks ago I noticed that it didn't seem cold enough, things were going bad too quickly, so I bumped up the temperature a notch... with the result that it FROZE EVERYTHING! Now I've moved the temperature setting back to where it was, but everything is still frozen solid.

    Exhibit A:



    Exhibit B:



    It's ruined lots of vegetables and an overpriced (but so tasty!) bag of pre-cut apple slices from Trader Joe's. Really... can't we find a happy medium?


  • Despite the refrigerator difficulties, dinner was still fabulous. Yes, I plate my food nicely even when I dine alone.

    Pressed wrap with blackened chicken, sriracha sauce, onion, red pepper, black olives, and some unnamed French cheese; chopped salad with most of the above, plus green olives, and homemade smoky tomato vinniagrette.


  • And let's not forget dessert! Even though I'm years from procreating, I'll take my Best Mom Ever trophy now, thank you...

    Giant Cookie recipe courtesy of Definitely RA, with a giant THANK YOU to whomever linked that recipe last week, I forget who! Ice cream = organic french vanilla from Whole Foods.


  • I've already been to the gym TWICE this week! 45 minutes on the elliptical each time, and I'm jumping in right at my usual 10-minute-mile pace. I feel kinda awesome--though my knees most definitely did not after the second day. Took yesterday off and I'm jumping back in today, hopefully with time to add in some weight training as well.


  • I need to lose 7 lbs. The giant cookies are SO not helping.


  • Will be shooting for short film project alllll weeked. I really hope we wrap this puppy soon because I am desperate for a hair cut! This mop is turning into the Carol Brady Shag... and that didn't even look good on Carol Brady.


  • I am hungry. Time to dig up lunch and sort out the rest of my day--like exactly how much stuff I need to lug to the gym into order to frumpify myself for this evening's film shoot without having to make a trek back to Brooklyn... wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me likes the upside down jar of olives. It's almost like an art project.

How do you feel about cooking me food while I despair over my current state of unemployment?

megabrooke said...

I really liked your post on IB. Meant to tell you, actually.

And I think (hope?) I signed up for the postcards!

Funky about your fridge! Good luck with the film and your hair!

Princess Pointful said...

The post on IB was phenomenal. Did you post that on here before?
And I have been hitting the gym like nobody's business lately... but 45 min on the elliptical? I just can't do it. It kicks my ass!

Z said...

oh, the fridge woes - we went through the same thing awhile ago... And then it just fixed itself. No clue how or why, but I'm happy!