Friday, June 20, 2008

Today...

...wasn't any better than yesterday. I am still a walking time bomb of stress, so much so that I totally snapped at my mom on the phone earlier when she was just trying to be nice and find time to come up for an afternoon to see me before I leave.

I just wrote her an apologetic email, so hopefully all is well in that department.

The short film project is reaching a point where it has ceased to be fun and just. needs. to. be. OVER. Had another pre-dawn shoot this morning, threw my first ever diva-fit with the director about scheduling of another shoot, and am on the verge of throwing another one about a certain scene that we apparently have different visions for... his involves graphic vomiting on my part. Mine does, er, not.

But enough about that. I'll spare you the epic details of my crabbiness.

On a good note, tomorrow is the first performance day for the staged reading I've been working on all week, and I'm really excited. The process has been a lot of fun, and I've learned quite a lot about developing a script. I think we're going to have a great time tomorrow. So that will be good.

And I may go buy shoes on the way there. I was going to go this afternoon, but I got sidetracked by bitching at my mom.

Shoes definitely would have been better for the psyche.

Also, I am rambling.

And so, the experiment of the evening: I know Ambien helps me fall asleep... but does it also prevent crazy stress-induced nightmares? I haven't passed a night without them all week, so we'll see how it goes.

Wish me luck!

And while you're at it: tell me something happy. I need to climb the hell out of this funk before it eats me alive.

No comments: