Monday, October 20, 2008

Snippets

Can I blog and watch "The Colbert Report" at the same time? Time to find out!

There was a whole bunch of crap in here, and I just deleted it. For some inane reason, I was convinced that I needed to write a post prior to midnight, so that it would show up as "today" (Monday) as opposed to "tomorrow" (Tuesday). What the hell is wrong with me?

Why is it okay to say "jag-off" on TV, but not "jerk-off"? They mean the same thing, and neither one is technically obscene.

Colin Powell has endorsed Obama! I would too, if the NYS Department of Elections would send me the damned voter registration card I requested 2 weeks ago that was supposed to have been mailed within 3 days--or so I was told by the pre-recorded voice that asked me to state my name and address after the beep. Seriously, the fact that it is impossible to get a human being on the phone, EVER, at any government agency these days makes me wonder: Where the hell has all the government's money gone, anyway? It's certainly not paying for receptionists.

The idea of NaNoWriMo is still niggling at the back of my mind... Anyone else indulging in this particular breed of madness?

Speaking of madness, I've got about 24 hours in which to come to my senses and cancel my Match.com account without having to pay any money. I mean, seriously... do I really want to pay $24 a month to reinforce the fact that I can't find a date?

Why am I asking so many questions tonight?

Wynton Marsalis is so cute.

Two-minutes to midnight... Inane Mission Accomplished! G'night y'all!

2 comments:

OC said...

I'm debating the madness that is Nanowrimo as well. I did it once before... 2005 I think and it was crazy but really awesome when I actually completed it.

Good luck! And good luck with the match.com thing too!

Unknown said...

i do myself have writing sprees sometimes, but it comes as easily as it goes, usually when i have alot of things to do and frantically look for a way out.
I tend to have issues with finishing things, 'm saying that because ur en entp, that's basically summing it up : P.

Anyway, if u keep going, have all the fun in the world