Sunday, October 19, 2008

Am I Insane?

My craptastic attitude has been put on the backburner for the weekend to marvelous effect. That may have something to do with the fact that I spent most of yesterday sleeping off an Out-Till-4am-With-The-Lovely-Miss-A-Hangover, and I was therefore too braindead to really feel anything one way or another :)

Last night I had the joy of attending a Jazz concert at Carnegie Hall. I'd never been before, and got to sit in the Executive Box, no less! (I have a friend who works there). Good music and great seats, not a bad way to wind up a crazy hungover day.

So, on to my potential insanity. A friend from high school just Facebooked me with an invitation to join NaNoWriMo... and I'm almost considering it. There are several reasons why this idea is pure lunacy:

1. November is already going to be the month from hell. Why on earth would I add on another, totally voluntary, stressor?

2. I'm already neglecting the hell out of my blog. What on earth makes me think I can write a freaking novel?

3. See Reason 1. Rinse. Repeat.


And yet... it's oh-so-very-tempting.

These masochistic tendencies always get me into trouble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll write that novel one day. I have faith in you.